Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 11-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Adventurer

Lightbulb Basic map

Ever since I started playing, I've been thinking a lot about the lay of the land where the Dragon Tavern is situation. I know it's been thought of many times before now, often by those who are a LOT better artists that I'll ever be, but I thought I'd try my hand at a quick sketch of the world map. Judging by the descriptions given (and a couple of the announcement threads), I've pieced together what I think it would look like.

I'm not totally sure what the landmass is like, so I've assumed that only a small part of it is near water and it's not a penninsula or the like.

If anyone sees something out of place, please let me know.

PS. Keep in mind that this map only took me about 20 minutes to draw in Paint... and yes, it shows :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DragonTavernskethedmap.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	147  

Last edited by Byere; 11-25-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Experienced Adventurer

You are missing three very important places:

The Mountain Kingdoms, The Steel Empire, and the Deadlands.

These three are a little harder to place, but I do think you get some clues in certain area descriptions (such as Skyclaw being mentioned as near the Kingdoms). Now, they may overlap with some of the locations, but it's hard to say. I do think that the Tavern itself is at a junction between the three.

But otherwise, I like the map. I have a few things in other locations, but that's my way of viewing the world.

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 11-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGwyddion View Post
You are missing three very important places:

The Mountain Kingdoms, The Steel Empire, and the Deadlands.

These three are a little harder to place, but I do think you get some clues in certain area descriptions (such as Skyclaw being mentioned as near the Kingdoms). Now, they may overlap with some of the locations, but it's hard to say. I do think that the Tavern itself is at a junction between the three.

But otherwise, I like the map. I have a few things in other locations, but that's my way of viewing the world.
That is a good point. I'd forgotten to concider them... I shall re-evaluate it and work on that.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:30 AM
Adventurer

Primordia is at the center of the world, so it would not appear on a map. If it helps, the Deadlands and next to Dreadmarsh (they turned to necromancy due to repeated invasion from Dreadmarsh), and I believe the Steel Empire is supposed to be next to the Blight. In the Burrows of Gruum sublocation it mentions that they are tunneling into the empire, though it does not specify which one. I hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmage View Post
Primordia is at the center of the world, so it would not appear on a map. If it helps, the Deadlands and next to Dreadmarsh (they turned to necromancy due to repeated invasion from Dreadmarsh), and I believe the Steel Empire is supposed to be next to the Blight. In the Burrows of Gruum sublocation it mentions that they are tunneling into the empire, though it does not specify which one. I hope this helps.
It's been a long time since I visited Primordia, the other elite locations or made a new character. Thanks for the notes.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Sorry man but yer map doesent make sence to me, the krakesh is to high north, next to the blight, somewhere there is another map that puts the 2 forestson penisulas, the Stangwood feeding off into the dreadmarsh, however the stangwood is also in the south and that doesent make sence either..... good map though.
Eclipsus (might delete this one soon)
Old 03-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okion12 View Post
Sorry man but yer map doesent make sence to me, the krakesh is to high north, next to the blight, somewhere there is another map that puts the 2 forestson penisulas, the Stangwood feeding off into the dreadmarsh, however the stangwood is also in the south and that doesent make sence either..... good map though.
See this one doesent make sence ether but in my opinion it represents the geo-political betterness, for lack of a better word,but still conjecture. the image was done by ashen. Its really OLD... 2008 old, bwefore the chasms or the daggerspine, Maybe using refrences some one could make a composite map, maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2261174cb8bc77134e5fa62f12eeb4851bf3057.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	149  
Eclipsus (might delete this one soon)

Last edited by okion12; 03-31-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Fix

Tags
cartograph, map, world